FMA – Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, also known as the ‘Salesian Sisters of Don Bosco’, the Institute of Consecrated Women was founded on August 5th, the day dedicated to Our Lady of the Snows, in 1872 at Mornese, Italy. On that day the courageous women who were to be the first Figlie di Maria Ausiliatrice (FMA), as we were called in Italian, gathered with their founder Don Bosco. Monsignor Joseph Sciandra, the Bishop of Acqui, celebrated their admission into the novitiate and the first professions. It was on that happy day St. Maria Domenica Mazzarello, who was the co-foundress of the institution, was elected the first Superior and given the title of ‘Vicar’.
Our Superior General Sr. Chiara Cazzuola
The Superior General Mother Chiara Cazzuola is the bond of communion and the centre of unity in the Institute. She carries out her task of animation, formation and guidance in the characteristic spirit of Mornese, taking as her inspiration Mary Domenica Mazzarello who was a mother for each and every one of her Sisters. The Mother General personally visits the Institute to strengthen the bonds of communion, deepen the commitment of fidelity to the Constitutions and foster the development of our works in the Salesian spirit in response to local needs. She is the official representative of the Institute.General Councillors Mother General Circulars
To be a blessing
Sr. Fernando Majella is the second Provincial of the Province of Our Lady of Snow, Tiruchirappalli – INT. She is a great visionary and a zealous leader. With her innovation and deep spiritual life, she guides the sisters of the Province to become generators of new life in the heart of contemporaneity.Provincial Councillors Provincial Circulars Provincial Team